Triathlon Race Countdown

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mom... the Gym, shoes and me

This morning I walked with mom at her gym.  I have walked in gyms before, but never in my mom's shoes...  literally.

She loaned me a pair because I didn't know we were going walking.

Anywho...

I realized how important my good walking shoes are.  Surprisingly enough, my mother is the one who bought them for me about a year ago for my birthday at The Running Company.  I'm finally using them well.  About 20 minutes into the walk back pain like I haven't had in a LONG while settled right above my gluts...  30 minutes was all I could stand.  again.. Literally.

This afternoon I finally signed up our family for the Larson Lifestyle Fitness Center here in Lincoln.  We are so excited to be able to go and swim and workout, even when the weather isn't fantastic!!!

Bring on the new workout era!!!!

2 comments:

  1. By the way... I was not compensated AT ALL for the links and references in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree it's all about the shoes. When I first got mine I had broken my pinky toe about 3 weeks earlier, and the only time I didn't notice it was when I had those shoes on. I could even run! They're worth every penny. I'll keep an eye out for coupons for the Lincoln Running Company for us too, sometimes Matt can get them at work.

    ReplyDelete